Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Another Lovely Wedding Review on the Knot

If you remember the post about the beautiful flowers and luscious cupcakes in late March, you will know a little bit more about this wedding.  Here is their review on the wedding website, The Knot.  I hope you enjoy reading it as much as we did.

Juli

Wedding: 3/22/2014
Member Since: 6/8/2009
Wonderful experience!    posted 3/26/2014
My husband and I just had our wedding at the Hawthorne in March. I could not speak more highly of our experience. Due to unfortunate circumstances we had already planned a wedding that had to be cancelled last minute at another venue. Given our position, we weren't even sure if we wanted to go through planning another wedding. However living in Salem I had always admired the hotel when passing by so I decided to look into it. I saw there were some winter and early spring special opportunity dates so sent an email inquiry. To my surprise I received an immediate response and had an appointment with the catering sales manager Alaina that week. When we met with Alaina late fall, it was clear that the venue as well as the staff were warm and inviting. Given the great special, we quickly booked our day for March. Alaina was very empathetic to our situation and went out of her way to make planning a wedding in just 4 months feel extremely easy.


The entire staff was great to work with throughout the process as well-from attending a wonderful complimentary tasting with the very personable and talented chef Ken to coordinating hotel rooms for our guests. When the big day finally came, nothing could have been better. Guests complimented the food, the service and the beautiful ambiance of the ballroom. Our day of coordinator Liz made me feel so comfortable on that day. She coordinated all logistics that day so that I had nothing to worry about. She coordinated with our band, fed our vendors, helped to set up our photo booth and created the most beautiful display with the cupcakes I had ordered. Any time she needed to pull me away for my first dance or to toss the bouquet she was very calm and professional which allowed me to truly relax and enjoy the day. The next day the staff was very helpful in helping us to pack up all of our belongings and the final bill was within $100 of the estimate Alaina had provided me--there were no hidden expenses. I couldn't be more grateful to everyone at the Hawthorne for allowing us to have such a wonderful experience from start to finish.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment